Project Location: Abdoun | Amman | Jordan
Area: 13,600.80 sqm
Building Type: Performing arts.
Materials: Concrete, glass.
Design Type: Hypothetical Project| Proposal
•Performance art is a performance presented to an audience, traditionally interdisciplinary.
Performance may be either scripted or unscripted, random or carefully orchestrated; spontaneous or otherwise carefully planned with or without audience participation.
The performance can be live or via media; the performer can be present or absent. It can be any situation that involves four basic elements: time, space, the performer’s body, or presence in a medium, and a relationship between performer and audience. Performance art can happen anywhere, in any venue or setting and for any length of time. The actions of an individual or a group at a particular place and in a particular time constitute the work.
The Jordanian population is characterized by its relatively high youth population. In 2008, an estimated 37% of the population was under the age of 15 and 58% under the age of 25. The total number of young people ages 15-24 has grown more than 10-fold since 1950 and is projected to reach 1.4 million in 2020, the equivalent of 18.2 percent of Jordan’s total population.
-Make performing arts Open to all sections of the public, with or without
targeting of non-traditional audiences, or restricted
to members of a parent organization (e.g. University)
or social group (e.g. children).
– To provide an attraction for the tourist, conference
and other visitors.
For community use:
– to encourage participation in creative leisure activities and appreciation of the performing arts
– to provide a social focus and meeting place
– to act as an information point and resource center for a particular performing art or art in general
– to provide a base and/or performance space for clubs in the community.
For educational use:
– to teach the art and craft of performance
– to act as a base for Theatre-in-Education
– to provide performances and workshops for children, young persons and students within an educational program.